What are you guys feeling about spanking a child?
Should it be done or what?
the bible says "spare the rod and spoil the child"
What are you guys feeling about spanking a child?
Should it be done or what?
the bible says "spare the rod and spoil the child"
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
the only way to discipline a child...that time out crap doesnt work.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
Yes it should be done!* LoL*
I was actually in wal-mart the other day and I had to barely spank my child (she has learned to repeat curse words). A woman that was standing a few feet from me had the nerve to look at me and say "spanking your children isn't right". (saying this as her 3 year old screamed at her and ran off). I simply told her "yeah that is why mine is still standing here being QUITE and behaving and yours just ran down the isle SCREAMING because he couldn't have a toy" rolled my eyes, flipped her off and walked away.
I have disciplined my child well since she was able to crawl and she is now 2 1/2. She has *NEVER* threw a fit on me in public. She has never *back* talked me and I have never had to raise my voice to her in public. She says "thank yous" and "welcome" and is *very* polite. So I am all for whipping children....I am not saying BEAT THEM LoL* But a good spanking is a MUST every now and then.
point made......:0)
I agree in spanking and correcting your child. I have raised both of my boys with spanking, grounding and time outs. I have found all three to be used for what fit the situation at the time. I went to school with a guy who his dad went to extremes and whipped his children until they had bruises all over them. One time after a football game his dad was upset with him over the game and right there in public he took his fist and thumped his son in the chest. I turned my head and remembered all the times he told me why he hated his dad and he just wanted to run away. Sad to say after we was out of school he shot himself and died. I often wonder if this dad ever regrets the beatings he gave his son. Their is a right way and a wrong way. Many times I have cried myself when I punished my children. Correcting your child should be out of love and not anger.
beat the heck out of them...with a belt or barbed wire
"To be the man, you've got to beat the man."
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Correcting your child should be out of love and not anger.
[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Some take it too far! Spanking is the right way not beating.
That's whats wrong with alot of the kids today. No discipline. I'm sure all of us at some point got our arse busted. I know I did on more the one occasion. I will spank my kid if he gets out of line, just like my dad did me. The only thing that bothers me is that the socail services get into your business and they call you an abuser. I mean its like they never been spank or anything. I mean I can understand in some cases and all, but come on. It aint like I'm going to spank my kid with a cord or until there is blood.
"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."
When you're out you can see the kids that get spankings and the ones that don't. The one's that don't back talk and raise their voice to their parents. If I had done that when I was younger, I got a belt to my arse.
In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself
If there were more discipline there wouldn't be so much rebellion.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
I raised three. They all got it when they had it coming, but I made sure they knew their punishment was deserved, just, and repeatable for future offenses. I also made sure they knew that I loved them, both by words and deeds. None of them are in jail, so it must have sunk in. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(They also agree that their children will face corporal punishment just as they did, so what does that say about it?)
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
Bookmarks